Beardsley is a sixth generation Coloradan whose western roots run deep and are integral to the subjects he paints. Raised in Denver and on a family cattle ranch in eastern Colorado, Duke has been drawing and painting images of the American West as long as he can remember. His unique blend of modern art styling and traditional western iconography reflects his upbringing and has made him a popular favorite among fans of contemporary American western art.
His work has been featured in notable exhibitions across the United States including the Coors Western Art Show and the Buffalo Bill Art Show and Sale. In 2007 Duke’s work was included in Out West: The Great American Landscape, a groundbreaking exhibition of contemporary American western art that toured China.
Four Seasons Hotel Denver and EDGE Restaurant welcome contemporary Western artist Duke Beardsley as its first “artist in residence” from January 9 to 31, 2015. Beardsley will paint from his “pop-up studio” in the Hotel’s lobby.
“Duke Beardsley’s name is synonymous with Western art,” says the Hotel’s General Manager and Regional Vice President Thierry Kennel. “In addition to Duke painting in our lobby daily, he will display his works throughout EDGE Restaurant for guests to enjoy throughout January.”
In conjunction with the studio, the Hotel and EDGE will host a variety of events, including:
• January 23, 12:00 noon -2:00 pm: Western Fashion Luncheon featuring Rockmount Ranchwear and the art of Duke Beardsley, USD 22.00 for an EDGE quartet lunch
• January 13, 15, 20 and 27, 5:00-7:00 pm: Drinks with Duke, invitation-only receptions to Duke’s studio
• January 28, 6:00 pm: Dinner with Duke, featuring a Colorado-ranch focused five-course dinner, USD 100.00 per person.
Rodeo Rampage, a Hotel stay package for the month of January 2015 during Beardsley’s residency, includes:
• Daily American breakfast for two
• Signed, limited edition Duke Beardsley print
• Luxurious accommodations For Hotel reservations, call 303 389 3300; and for EDGE reservations, call 303 389 3050.
We are looking forward to seeing what is in store for Duke Beardsley during his artist in residence program this month!